The Data Protection Action 1998
Our site uses a range of services (LC Services) provided by Life Champions to:
- Collect and manage your membership registration and account information
- Issue you a Rewards membership card (digital/physical or multi-function)
- Manage all email, SMS, iOS and Android messaging
- Offer you a range of rewards benefits, discounts and deals
- Issue, manage and decrement Rewards Points
- Provide personalised advertising based on your account information
- Present permission based advertising using profile information
We will only request the information we need to provide these services to you as and when you join or subscribe to each of the services. Your information will be stored securely in encrypted formats to prevent any unauthorised use for as long as they are needed in relation to the LC Service you have used. You will be able to view all the information we keep in your profile using the log in details you gave during registration. You can change your settings at any time by logging into your account.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect information as part of operating our Websites and services. Some of the LC Services we offer will require us to ask you for additional information specifically used to deliver that service – we only ask you to provide this information when we need it.
Account profile information:
We ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your post code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites. If you choose to make a purchase or sign up for a paid subscription service, we will ask for additional information, such as your credit card number and billing address. This information may be used to enhance your profile with additional information from external sources. This combined information helps us provide you with the most appropriate range of services and experience.
Enhanced profile information:
To ensure your onsite or in app experience is consistent your interactions with Life Champions powered services, information collected through one Life Champions service may be combined with information obtained through other Life Champions Services. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, page views and access times (“IP Details“). We use such information for system administration, to analyse trends, track user’s movements and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie” file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Single sign in:
In order to access some LC Services, you will be asked to sign in with either a social log (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, PayPal, OpenID, Yahoo, MSN Live, Google, Blogger, WordPress, AOL, VeriSign) or an e-mail address and password. By signing into one Life Champions site or service, you may be automatically signed into other Life Champions sites, apps and services that use Life Champions account to make your experience smoother and to remove the need for you to sign in multiple times using the same information. If you visit another website that is using our sign in processes you may be automatically signed in.
We collect additional information about your interaction with Life Champions sites and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also use Web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height.
We also deliver advertisements and provide Web site analytics tools on non-Life Champions sites and services, and we collect information about page views on these third party sites as well.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from Life Champions, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
We may obtain information relating to your geographical location (“Location Data”) where you use any Life Champions application on a mobile phone or other electronic device. We will use such Location Data only for the purpose of identifying which airport is nearest to you at that time.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use your IP Details, Cookies, location and Personal Information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To provide you with services which we feel may interest you based on your historic transactions.
- To provide you with location based promotional offers and services related to the settings in your privacy centre.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and any third parties.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, as and when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to LC Services or Universal Terms of Service appropriate to your programme account.
- To respond to customer support queries where you have supplied personal information.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your information with suppliers that we engage with to help us provide certain services and or functionality e.g. online payment processing. We will use reasonable endeavours to control and be responsible for the use of your information. Unless restricted by the account to which your membership registration is attached by using this site you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as the European Economic Area provides) in the event that the processing of your information involves such a transfer. Where your information is shared outside the European Economic Area we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure your information is transmitted in secure format, only used for the purposes for which the information has been provided; will not be stored longer than is required for the provision of the service you are using and is deleted when no longer required.
We may disclose your Information (including personal information) to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In addition, we may disclose your Information to third parties:
- To validate the information you have provided where we are legally obliged to in the provision of services either due to age appropriate delivery of services or financial ID checks that may be required for any e-money related product offered to you at the point you joined or subsequently during your membership with us. You will be asked to verify that you accept any security checks we may have to complete to provide you with requested services at the point of order. Further details about those checks may be found in our help sections of the website.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Life Champions in part or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Life Champions, our customers, employees, suppliers, merchants or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To provision you with services, benefits and rewards points. Any third party that we connect to is under strict obligations to:
- Only use your details for the purpose there are in intended to provide you with the requested service, promotion or points related activity
- Protect your data with sufficient security as is required by us
- Not to communicate with you without our express consent
- To remove all our data from their systems on termination of the contract or such time that is applicable depending on the service provided in accordance with all such local laws.
We may also use your Information, with your express permission (excluding Location Data), or permit selected third parties to use your Information (excluding Location Data), to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email or telephone.
All Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone and to inform us immediately if you believe your account security may have been compromised in any way.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
At present we have partnership agreements with a number of organisations, some of which are non-UK based. Therefore, to process your requests, we may transfer your Information to our partners based in other countries. By using our website you give your consent to this transfer of your Information.
Links to third party websites
Where we direct you to websites of third party provider companies for you to make bookings, redeem vouchers or apply for entry to a service, we may use your Information to auto-fill selected details within the third party companies website in order to make the booking process easier and more efficient for you.
You have the right to access personal data which you have submitted through the site. Where you are a user of our sign-in service, you can manage or remove your information from our database by accessing your profile through the MyLCaccount area of the site. By signing in to MyLCaccount you will have the option to manage your personal profile and preferences. The management system allows you to update or delete your information from our database. We also allow you to subscribe or unsubscribe to / from any of the email updates you have requested form the site as well as the ability to supress any of the information that that is gathered from any social profile that you have linked to your LC account.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting online, via email or via post. For a full list of our contact details please visit our site.
Access To Your Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Life Champions.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to help you do this you can log into your account to change the settings at any time. You are in control of the information you provide to us in your profile as well as the information we hold to send you communications about your account. For more information about the features log into your account and go to mylcaccount.
Unsubscribing From Communications
You can unsubscribe from any email we send you by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that we included in every email we send to you. If you are subscribed to more than one email alert, content alert or newsletter you will be able to see those items listed in your account settings page.